You’ve heard the rumors; it’s a “Seller’s Market.” Well if you are activelysearching for a new home, you know that it’s true. The low inventory of homesfor sale has made things difficult for buyers. There just aren’t many homes forsale out there and when a nice listing does come to market, it’s met with multipleoffers…..often with offer prices over asking.
If you’re a buyer in this market, you might feel overwhelmed but remember thatwith a solid strategy, you can still find your dream home, even when inventory islow.
The highest offer price in the world is worthless if the transaction doesn’t close.
Here are a few tips for buyers looking in a tight market:
• Talk to a lender before you shop so you’re prepared
• Be prepared to pull the trigger
• Write a competitive offer
• Keep contingencies to a minimum
• Write a clean offer; Make it easy for the sellers to just say yes
When inventory is low, it’s each to feel like the best homes are already gone, butby working with your agent, you can put yourself in the best position to have youroffer accepted.